The Manager of the Sunderland Aquatic Centre has been informed by the Head of Security at the Stadium of Light, there is a change to the parking arrangements at the Stadium of Light on match days, with immediate effect. This is due to a big increase in the number of sporting
clubs and hotel usage of the facilities and the limited number of parking spaces now available. Therefore, the arrangements for match days only will be as follows:
- All swimmers and coaches on the Performance Programme will be permitted to park in the yellow carpark, however all cars must be moved by 10.30am at the latest.
- For hub swimmers you will now have to find alternative parking off site as no public parking will be available at the time of your arrival.
- For hub coaches you have permission to park in the blue carpark, with your permit, providing car parking spaces are available.
- There are a number of carparks surrounding the Stadium of Light which are a short walk to the pool.
- Drop offs are still permitted.
- All previously issued permits have to be shown on entrance to the carpark and displayed clearly.
Failure to comply with these arrangements may result in problems for future parking. NDSA would be grateful if you could comply.